Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Lateley's.........

BOWS!!


My friend shared her cute 4th of July ribbon and buttons with me so I could make a bow, so Aubrey is just about ready for the 4th. I found the cutest little dress for her to wear, got her bow made, and now I think I will make a little bracelet. So, while I was in bow mode, I finished a couple of bows I have had hanging around for a few weeks, and made the brown one with the flower to match a shirt I just bought her. Then I went to put them up and was amazed at how many bows that girl has! I am pretty sure she doesn't wear them all because I do things all backward. Instead of finding ribbon to match her clothes, I always find cute ribbon on sale and think, "I will have to find an outfit to match this.", and that rarely happens. Anyway, I just like to make them.

Gotta Love That Water Proof Cast!



This whole cast business has not slowed Wesley down a bit. He still jumps on the trampoline, goes to the pool, tackles Aubrey, and plays and plays like nothing ever happened to him. He did tell us today, for the first time in a week of having the cast on, that it is time for it to come off because his arm feels much better. Just two more weeks! In the mean time, it has been so nice that he can still swim and play in the water!

Just a funny little side story: I was bringing Wesley and one of his friends home from a birthday party today and all of a sudden I sense a bit of a heated discussion going on in the back. It went something like this:
Wesley: No! You can't come to my birthday party because you were naughty to everyone.
Friend: Nu uh! I wasn't.
Wesley: You have to make good choices and keep things cleaned up and be nice.
Friend: Okay, I will be nice. Then can I come to your birthday?
Wesley: Yes. But you can't come if you don't clean up the toys and be nice. So, be nice to everyone.
Friend: Okay. I will. I will be nice and clean up.
Wesley: Okay, then you can come.
I have no idea where that all came from, but it was funny to listen to. Oh to be young again! (no thank you.)

Car Maintenance.

Thanks to Brady, and a HUGE thanks to my dad for his amazing wisdom and ability to diagnose, and teach mechanics over the phone, our water pump in our car has been replaced and we are just about set for our trip out to Utah next month. HOORAY!





Part Two of the Canning Project:






yummy! Holy Tomatoes!!

Well, the veggies from the farmers market arrived this week (Thursday). About 80-90 pounds of tomatoes, a box of bell peppers, and a box of mixed summer squash and zucchini. The Roma's were ready to bottle today. Wesley got me up at 5:45 am this morning and I started working at 6:30 am. So, the Roma's are finished and now my friend and I have about 40-50 pounds of stake tomatoes to can on Monday, once they ripen up a bit. I froze most of the peppers and summer squash, but haven't done anything with the zucchini yet. We also got a couple of watermelons. I was under the impression they would be seedless watermelons. But alas! They have seeds. HUGE seeds. When they say everything is bigger in Texas, they mean it right down to their watermelon seeds. They look like small roaches. In fact, the other day I bent down to pick up, what I thought was a watermelon seed, off of the floor and it ran away from me! Roach. Yuck!




A few of the finished Roma's....and here is what we have left to do.

8 nice things said:

Rose said...

I think there is something very beautiful about canned tomatos. But best of all they are so yummy, I can't wait until we have tomato's.
Water proof casts are the best invention for kids.
I love your ribbons and bows. You make beautiful necklaces and braclets too.

Cassie Cruz said...

Dang! Thats a lot of tomatoes! Good for you for canning!
And,
Dang! Thats a lot of bows!
I dont think you will need to worry about tomatoes or bows for a while. lol

Young Family said...

You've been busy. I'm impressed. What about the pickels? HOw are they coming along? My taste buds are ready.

You are driving to Utah? Are you nuts? J/K Please, please, please come see me!!!

Kelly said...

those are some serious bows...aack! I have to get ready for the 4th too! As for roaches..the same thing happened to me..I thought it was a raisin while making cookies...grosss!

Kamill said...

Wow Debbie canning looks like fun. I really want to can someday. I am thinking about canning peaches this summer once they ripen here. I might have to ask you for directions. I can't believe how many bows you have made, thats great! Glad Wesley's arm is feeling better. When are you coming to Utah?

Melanie said...

okay okay! you have put me to serious shame! i'm so behind on lily's bows! aubrey does have some serous bows going on, and I feel sad for my girls! i've been better on the bracelet end of things though! wesley looks so cute with his water proof cast! too bad he had to get hurt to look cute with it!
so...settlers...SOON! don't forget the strawberry ice cream! what am I going to do w/o you when we move? :(

Jenn said...

JINX AGAIN!! This is like the third time we've posted on the same topic on the same day!! We should of had you over at our bow day at Claudias!! Way to go Debbie! I absolutely LOVE your bow thing and I am going to make a bow WREATH write now. I was about to throw out an old wreath. YOU ARE A GENIUS!

Walkers said...

you go girl!! Our canning season for tomatoes won't start for about another 1 1/2 months- sigh. Your bows are so dang cute-- you need to have another girl or two!!