Yesterday morning I was sitting in the great room (the room right off the kitchen), just thinking. Brady was gone to his meetings, and the kids were playing up stairs. I started to wonder about Brady's foot and how he was feeling because he smashed it the other day and it was totally purple. I was thinking about how glad I am he didn't brake his foot. Well, that got me to thinking about my siblings and I, and how my parents never had to take any of us to the emergency room for broken bones and how amazing that is. That led me to ponder on my future with my kids, and I began to wonder if I'd ever end up in the ER with any of my kids and broken bones. Well, I guess I cursed our family (or Wesley at least), because then yesterday night we found ourselves sitting in the ER with Wesley, and yup, he has an elbow fracture. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of things to come with this little man of ours.
At the ER Sunday night, they took x-rays, and then braced his arm, wrapped it, and sent him home in a sling. We made an appointment this morning and we're able to get Wes in this afternoon to see the orthopedic doctor. They removed the brace, and it left a cottony residue on Wesley's arm from sweating. He said his arm was all "fluffy". He had fun looking at the models of the skeletal system. He was very brave and cooperated nicely when the nurse and doctor wanted to check his arm.
After one more x-ray, they were ready to begin casting his arm. Mom got to help hold his arm in place.
And he chose green! I figured he'd choose green or orange. The best part of all, is this is a WATER PROOF cast! What a blessing for this guy (and mom and dad)! I never knew they had such a thing, but apparently he can get all the way in the pool and it is fine! How awesome is that? He has been getting a lot of attention and already has a few signatures on his cast.
We get to go back in 3 weeks to get it taken off. Does that seem quick? I am not going to complain. I think it is great!
And so now Wesley is the famous kid on the block and is really lovin' it.
I know it sounds nuts, but this has been a very fun, interesting and educational experience. Even for Wesley, even though it hurt, he did awesome. We heard, "Oh what a darling little boy!" a lot, and that always makes a mom feel good.
Monday, June 23, 2008
CURSES!!
Posted by Texas Tingey at 3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 nice things said:
Im so gald Wesley is doing good. He is a darling boy. I thought 3 weeks sounded fast also. Ryan may have fractured his foot. His x-rays will be available to look at tomorrow. The we will know for sure. It is amazing how when you think of things then they happen. Kindof Wierd. Can be a good thing though. Just remember to think positive thoughts from now on. lol
Oh no! Poor little guy. Hope he's feeling okay.
wes your such a trooper, Grandad wishes he could be thier to sign your cast,love you.
Wow! Poor Wesley! But way cool cast! Parker wants to sign it!
That's too bad. Be grateful for the water proof cast.
My niece Riley broke her elbow and had to have 3 pins put in. She has had her cast off about 1 month now. Saturday she fell and broke her femur and has pins in her leg and a huge cast. So she is sitting in a wheelchair for the summer.
Be careful on your curses.
We are glad Wesly is doing okay now. Cool cast for sure. We would all love to sign it for him. But just give him a hug for us.
He is a darling boy for sure.
He's a boy, plan on many more trips to the ER! Sign my name for me!!
Poor kid. I am glad he is a tough little guy and took it really well. Love the green cast!
Sorry to hear that you ended up at the emergency room with the little man. I am glad he is doing well. Did you hear that Sis. Mealey broke her arm Sunday night?
I did hear about that, Lucy. I hope she is feeling better.
I love how you made to sound so FUN! I think we will be tramatized much longer! But I am so super glad everything has turned out O.K.
It really does look like it was exciting!! Way to go Debbie! Green definetely suits him!
Oh man Deb,
that is crazy. that's awesome that he can go in the water though. Poor little guy.
Post a Comment