Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Tree Grass"



Notice the little specks of broccoli all over his chin and cheek? He is so stinkin' cute!!!

We ordered pizza tonight for dinner. Of course I had to throw out something more healthy than just greasy pizza, so I made up a veggie plate with baby carrots and broccoli. I was pretty sure it was a shot in the dark that my kids would eat the broccoli. Aubrey ate some carrots with ranch, but turned her nose up at the green stuff. Wesley on the other hand, took me by surprise when he grabbed a huge piece and said, "mmmmm! Mom, I like grass!" I was so taken back by it! I have offered him broccoli cooked and uncooked time and time again and he'd never go for it. He always made the "Yuck!" face and gag sound and turned away. Anyway, after examining the "grass" and a few bites later he says, "this is trees! Tree grass! mmmmm!". I was cracking up. I did teach him that it is really called broccoli though. I don't want any confusion next time.

5 nice things said:

Cassie Cruz said...

Have you ever watched Charlie and Lola on the Disney Channel? Well, one episode is where Lola wont eat anything because she says she doesnt like it. Charlie convinces her that the fish fingers are mermaid food, and other creative things like this. So, Lola finally eats everything she says she doesnt like. How creative and cute that he says its tree grass!

Anonymous said...

I guess it isn't too surprising since he was eating the small blossoms off your flowers the other day. Maybe he is in an "eat plants" stage.

Crystal P said...

How cute! I'm impressed with the veggie plate with pizza. Most of the time I tell myself that the veggies ON the pizza are good enough! I'm so bad! LOL!

Rose said...

Grass hu! How cute and original. I've never heard it called grass before. That is a good idea to fix a vegi plate with pizza - it doesn't have to be salad.
Hugs

Cassie Cruz said...

So, just in answer to your question...the petroglyph park is over in Bloomington on Navajo Drive, just a few blocks from the house we lived in when we had Azey.