Posted by Debbie.
*Sigh*
We have made so many wonderful friends since we have been in Texas. It is awesome! I am so grateful to be so blessed with many friends. One friend in particular is leaving the grand metropolis of Houston and is on her way to many new adventures far from here. I am so happy for her and her family and the next chapter in their lives. But man, we are gonna miss them!
She saved me when we first moved here! I was very pregnant, far away from family, and somewhat numb when we got here. I found a new OB and the office policy is such that children are not allowed in the office at all! Not even the waiting room! Only newborns. I guess since Tawn was the wife of the Elders Quorum president at that time, she got roped into helping out the "new couple" that had just moved in, by babysitting their 2 year old son. And I am so glad. Since then she has become such a wonderful friend to me. And her girls have become my kids' "best friends ever", as Kadence would say. I am sure their family will be missed by many, many, many people. I know my life is better because they are my friends.
So, I guess the bitter part is in saying good-bye. And not getting to hang out with them as much. The sweet part is we have wonderful friends forever more, and a place to stay if we ever wanna head out their way for a trip. (Which may be sooner than later so my hubby can redeem himself in Settlers! We were all creamed by Tawnee TWICE in a row! For those who have never played, especially with us, my husband rarely looses.)
The kiddos.
Wow! A Camera!
Showing off her Bracelet.
A big thank you hug!
Kadence gave Wesley a toy digital camera. He is thrilled about it. It will save my camera from Wesley and his daily photo shoots.
So, I asked Wesley if there was anything he could think of that he would like to give Kadence to remember him by when she moves. The conversation went like this:
Wesley: "hmmmm. Let me think"
Me: "okay" ( a few minutes pass and I think he has forgotten about it and I am about to ask again when.....)
Wesley: "I think (pause) a bracelet."
Me: "A bracelet? Okay. We will make her one"
Wesley: "Okay Mom. Come on"
Me: "Okay. Finish eating first."
Wes: "Okay"
So he finished eating and I went and got all of my bead stuff out and told him to look through them and pick out some beads. He was looking through them and said, "Hey! Where are the green ones? Kadence needs green." Green just happens to be her favorite color. Isn't that soooo cute? My almost 4 year old is so on top of things! He came up with all of that by himself..........no prodding from mom at all. Well, Wes ended up picking out the beads and a couple of charms, and I helped him put it all together in a pattern. He did a great job picking out the beads. I was impressed. He didn't want to string them. I wish he would have, because that would have been the best to see the pattern he came up with instead of my perfected adult pattern.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
The Bitter Sweet of 'Good Bye'
Posted by Texas Tingey at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 nice things said:
I like to look at your friend's blogs. Just cuz then I can see "who" the wonderful people are that you're always talking about. This afternoon I was looking at Tawnee's. How cool is that house that they are going to be renting!! Once again, Wesley is so cute! To think of making Kadence a bracelet. What a darling little man.
Oh, I am feeling so sad for you! What a sweet page- you need a pic of you and Tawnee! Ans the kids pictures are so sweet. What great memories!
Wesely has learned young how to charm the ladies. How adorable. It is hard to say bye to awesome friends but the memories will last a life time.
Getting a picture of you and Tawnee is a very good idea, I wish so bad I would have done that with several of my best friends in Round Mountain.
All of the kids are so adorable.
Love Ya!
What a gentleman you are raising, how cute.
that is so sweet! I am glad that you have made such good friends in texas. Sad they are moving. I know you will continue making good friends because you are such a nice person and always outgoing. I wish I were your neighbor.
I have two little girls that can be Wesley's future girlfriends. :) Not only is he SO cute, he is thoughful too and makes bracelets?! :) How sewwt is that!
When you come to Utah we will have to get together and play Settlers. Joe loves it but no one else ever wants to play it with us.
Debbie, I enjoyed reading this post tonight. This move has been so emotional for me. It is hard moving from you and Brady (it is really fun to kick his butt! with help) but it is especially hard to move the girls away from thier best friends. I miss your monkeys more then I thought I could. Miss and love ya Deb!
Post a Comment