Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sick Kid=Really Clean House...for a minute anyway


Our little Sweetie not feeling so good.


Aubrey is sick.

Wesley is not sick (yet), but is thrilled that I have been letting Aubrey watch movies on the computer, and has been joining in on the little movie fest we are having at our house the past couple days. He did go to play group yesterday without us (thanks Julie). Other than that, Barney and Thomas the Tank Engine have been playing a little more than usual.

This all means I feel like I haven't accomplished much except hold my sick baby girl. Which is actually kinda nice. Anyway, then I look around, and my house is sooooo clean!!! I go nuts when somebody gets sick and clean everything 3 or 4 or one million times (as opposed to the normal once or twice a week), and then diffuse Thieves like crazy, just to make sure I get rid of all the germs. I would dare say I am somewhat obsessive compulsive that way. I don't even realize how nuts I go sometimes.

So, I will enjoy holding my sick one, and enjoy my clean floors, dishes, clean bathrooms, etc. for a day or so more until everyone feels good again and I'm back to spending the day on my hands and knees cleaning up spills; one after another, after another, after another. I LOVE MY JOB!! (Please know their is no sarcasm in that last sentence at all. I really do love my job, even when it stinks.)

8 nice things said:

Cassie Cruz said...

How sad that she is not feeling well. My house usually gets trashed when someone is sick because I am so busy taking care of the sick one, that I dont have time to clean up after everyone else all day. But, after they are better, that is when I go nuts, and clean with my favorite, BLEACH!

Texas Tingey said...

Yea Cass...sometimes ends up that way. But, when they sleep that is when I go to town and do what I can until they wake up. Then, I wait for the next time they dose off, and I'm on it again. When they are both sick, It isn't until they are better that I get anything done.

Anonymous said...

Thats horrible, But you know sometimes anything that slows them down is a blessing!!!

-Hoyt-

Anonymous said...

Sorry she's sick, but happy for you that you have a clean house. :) Is it that high fever thing that is going around??

Texas Tingey said...

Jamie-
Yup, it is the high fever, and puke, and other things that are not so fun to change or clean up. *sigh*

Rose said...

How Sad! I never liked it when my kids were sick, but I do understand what you are saying about the house work part being a little easier. Being a mom is the Best job ever for sure. Maybe thas why I've never tried real hard to work away from home is because of my love of being a stay at home mom.
We are blessed! Get well Aubrey.
Hugs

Walkers said...

How sad that she is sick, but this picture of her is so adorable. It's sad to have sick kids, but I love it when they are so calm and will sit on your lap and cuddle to you for awhile. Ohhhh, enjoy these days, they will be gone before you know it.

Kamill said...

its not fun to have sick kids exept that they love to to be held and cuddled. Hope she gets feeling better soon