For our Friday date, I suggested maybe it would be fun to go blueberry picking at a U-Pick blueberry farm just north of here. We had a really great time. We even got to explore a little bit of Conroe, which was an adventure in and of itself.
On the way to the farm, we realized we only had 10 dollars cash. We weren't sure if that was going to be enough for the blueberries, so we took an accidental detour up to Conroe to hit a Wellsfargo, and then headed back south to the farm. I say accidental because we were trying to follow the GPS to the blueberry farm, but the actual address would never pull up right. So, we were just sorta following our senses. I get so turned around sometimes, it is a good thing Brady was driving. We saw many interesting things on our little detour. I got pics of a couple of the really, really fun ones.
We drove past this and I didn't notice it, so Brady turned around to show me. He was wondering what in the world this place was. But when we were turning to head back by to take a pic of it, we saw a paintball sign. So, we are guessing this must be a battle field for paintball wars. Cool, eh?
hmmm...... only about 6 blueberries fill his bucket. I wonder why?
Okay, I must confess, Brady really out did me when it came to picking blueberries. He ate more than me, but he also picked a whole lot more than me. In the end we had over 7 lbs of blueberries and over half of that was Brady. He just dumped all of his blueberries into my bucket to make it look like I picked more. Or maybe, because his bucket was getting so heavy, he decided to let me carry them all??? hmmmm......tricky guy. J/J ha ha. Anyway, we had a lot of fun. The weather was great. Up until the last 15 minutes or so we were there, we enjoyed a nice, cool breeze and it was overcast, and we were even blessed with a few sprinkles of rain. Then the clouds parted and the sun beat down on us and we remembered, "oh yeah, we are in Texas". We bought some local honey for 4 dollars a bottle. Doin' our best to support the locals.
8 nice things said:
Blueberry picking eh, that looks like so much fun. You'll have some really neat places to go, what a blessing. The Bail Bonds place is really creative. How funny! I've never thought of a battle field for paintball fighting. Cool! Glad ya'll had so much fun.
There seem to be so many fun things do do where you live. Maybe I'll have to take a trip to Texas to visit.
That would be fun. You guys looked like you had a great time.
What a cute idea! I bet that was actually great quality time! Way to go Deb- coming up with a great date! And y'all are so darn cute, too!
How fun, and your hair is very short, yes, but you are still so very beautiful!! :))
What a fun date! We've never gone berry picking, but it sounds like a lot of fun.
what a creative date. Never would have thought to do something like that. looks like you had a lot of fun!
You know deb I think i really like your sleek hair! happy blue berry picking!
Post a Comment