Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why Music??

Posted by Debbie.
(This one's for you Jenn!)

Has anybody noticed I have a lot of love songs on my playlist??? I guess it is because a lot of the songs I have up are songs that were played at my reception after Brady and I were married. With very few exceptions, most of the songs on my playlist, I chose because they remind me of somebody, something, or a specific time of my life, that brings me happy memories. There are a few I have that I put on, just because I like them. Like, 'Bubbly' by Colby Caillat, I just like that song. It is fun.
'Built this City' by Starship: This was one of me and my sisters favorite songs when we were kids. It would come on the radio and we'd all sing our little hearts out. I still know almost every word of the song.
'Turn Around Bright Eyes' by Bonnie Tyler: In high school I had the best group of girls as my friends. Our little group was nick named "The Buffalo Gang" (because you could hear us coming from a mile away). I love these girls so much. We had so much fun together. A lot of music I love is because it is tied to such fun memories with these girls. We have video of us girls making cookies listening to this song. We all have spatulas, wire whisks, or spoons we are using as 'microphones' and are singing this song at the top of our lungs. And of course the music is choreographed and we are all right on cue with every movement. So fun...........
'Sold' by John Michael Montgomery (One of my favorite country artist) was always a great one to karaoke to. My sister, Michelle, my friend Arin, and I karaoke'd this song one night at The Malt Shop in Provo. I love country music. It is fun to dance to.
Most of Enya reminds me of Dr. Donaldson's office, where I worked as an Ophthalmic Tech. when Brady and I were first married and until I had Wesley. I loved my job! It was so fulfilling to me. I loved working with the patients and I loved the girls I worked with.
U2: Not only are a lot of their songs ones that are attached to great memories, but they were one of my favorite groups all through my "younger" years, and I still enjoy listening to them.
Between my sisters, friends, and my sweet hubby, there are many, many songs that I could list and tell you story after story about a memory it is tied to. But, I will save you from having to read anymore. And if you are curious about a song and the memory it is linked to, you know where to find me.
I LOVE MUSIC!!
Your turn.......................

4 nice things said:

Rose said...

I LOVE Music too. I love Starship and I love bonjovi and so many others. Music effects me the same way. The song that's playing with this blog reminds me of a wonderful time in my life. Music is a great blessing.

Jenn said...

WE BUILT THIS CITY. That is a great memory song. Didn't they sing,"Sara," too? I might have to add that to mine. I'll have that song in my head all night.....You go girl!

Rose said...

PS. You still love U2. WOW I love that group too.

Kamill said...

thats funny. I remember you girls being the buffalo gang. I love music too!