Saturday, May 24, 2008

Three's a Crowd! OUCH!!



Last night, Brady fell asleep up in Wesley's bed telling him stories, like he always does. I usually go get him and help him to our bed, but I couldn't sleep, so I was doing a little bit of cleaning. Well, the cleaner I used in my bathroom (soft scrub) was sooooo strong it was making my lungs feel like they were closing up. So, I decided to go up and sleep on the Wesley's bed too, because the smell was very strong in our bedroom. He does have a queen bed in his room, so I figured we'd have just enough room. Or not. Wesley ended up rolling off the bed in the middle of the night (Brady told me about it this morning). I didn't even know he had. I woke up at about 3:30 a.m. feeling very warm and crowded, only to find that Brady had moved Wesley in between us. So, I went and slept on the bed in Aubrey's room.
This morning I went up to say good morning to Wesley and noticed this gash on his head. Okay, so it is not so much a major gash. But it sounds so much better to use that word. Anyway, he didn't even realize it was there until I made him go look in the mirror at it. At first he tried to tell me he tripped on the grass and that is how it happened. Then, he told me he hit his head on the rail when he was walking down the stairs. I finally convinced him that it had to have happened when he rolled off the bed last night. So, he went and told Brady (Brady hadn't seen his ouch yet) "Look dad! You pushed me off the bed and now look what you did to my head!" So, we will not be sleeping 3 of us in a bed anymore.

3 nice things said:

Rose said...

Wesley is adorable even when he's not too happy.
Aubrey is beautiful.
You are lucky parents for sure!

Jenn said...

WHAT A MAJOR GASH! Poor Guy! What is it with boys and Major Gashes? And you are not the only one with sleeping "adventures." Alyssa always makes her way to our room sometime in the night-today I awoke to her lovely feet in my face. Gotta love those little ones! And I LOVE the pictures on the side and the picture of Aubrey in Winter Dress Up-she is so pretty like her Mama! I was watching her in church today and thinking how pretty she is! Those little blond ringlets and sweet eyes.

AnzBlog said...

Too funny, the adventures do not rest.

Thanks for bringing me into the wonderful world of blogging!