Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More about Wesley

Wesley's Rocket (see story below)


You may remember a past post when we showed you Wesley's amazing talents in taking pictures. He is definitely improving. Here are a couple of his latest shots.


Hmmm.........is he going for the couch? Or Aubrey??
Wow! He actually did a really great job with this one! Good Job Wes!!


AUNT MICHELLE AND UNCLE JOSH

Debbie's sister Michelle and her husband Josh flew in this past weekend and stayed the night at our house Saturday night. Then Brady drove them down to Galveston to catch a cruise ship on Sunday. They will be gone all week. We will pick them up this coming Sunday morning and then they get to stay and visit for a few days. Wesley had so much fun with them the one day they were here. He keeps asking when they are coming back. Yesterday when Brady got home from work, the first thing Wesley asked him was "Did you get Michelle and Josh from the ocean?".





SHARKS!


Wesley's room doubles as our guest room. When we have company, he sleeps in Aubrey's room. Last night when I was putting him to bed, he asked if Michelle and Josh were going to sleep in his bed. I told him yes, when they get back from their cruise. Then I asked him if he missed them and wanted them to come back. He told me, "No, I want them to see lots of things." (how sweet) So, I asked, "What kind of things?" and he replied "SHARKS! And Whales!". And then he asked me if I hated sharks. I said no, but they kinda scare me. So, then he says, "I hate sharks!" I asked him why and he said, "cuz they eat ya!". I told him they don't eat ya unless you are invading their space in the ocean. He told me, "No, they flip their fins and then jump up and eat ya!". He is funny. He is becoming quite the little story teller.



WESLEY AND THE BABYSITTER


We have the best babysitter ever! She comes every other week to stay with the kids so we can go out. This past week we had her come stay with the kids and went on a double date with Michelle and Josh. We got home, and I took her home. On our way home she told me she had an especially good time with the kids, Wesley in particular. She said he talked and talked to her, more than ever before. One thing he told her was that it is his birthday in august and he is going to have a party and invite his friends, but that he is not going to let them eat his cake! Apparently, Wesley has been traumatized from his last birthday. My friend, Tawnee, made him the cutest cake (click on the word 'cake', and you will be directed to Tawnee's blog, where you will find a picture of the cake). It was a stump with a couple of frogs. Anyway, it was a very special cake because it was made in memory of Mr. Toad who lived in a little stump right outside the apartment we lived in when we first moved here. Wesley loved to go out at night and try to catch Mr. Toad and stick grass down in the stump for him to eat. Well, we had tons of people over for his birthday, and most of the cake "got all eaten up!", as Wesley puts it. What didn't get eaten, Brady took to work and shared with his fellow employees. About 2 days after the party, Wesley wanted to know where his cake was. I told him we ate it all up at the party and he was soooo angry! He kept asking why I let all the people eat up his cake. He has brought it up a lot. And the closer it gets to august, the more he talks about it. I guess this year I better make a little cake for just him, and then one he can share. The babysitter sure got a kick out of his cake story.

A BOY AND HIS ROCKET


Last Night, Wesley made a rocket. (pictured above) He used the bottom part of his basketball hoop, some cones, a plastic giraffe, and a plastic hippo (the hippo was the fire to light the fuse. the fuse was the giraffes tail.) Where did he learn all this? Fuses, fire..............What will this all lead to? I can only imagine.

4 nice things said:

Hilarie said...

So darling! I absolutely love blogging because it makes us record these darling stories and makes our friends and family appreciate the cuteness of our kids as much as we do!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love hearing the funny things kids say! And I love this whole blogging thing so you can record fun little momments like these and never forget them. Thanks for sharing! Your kids are just adorable!!

Jenn said...

I like how you wrote "Two Nice Things Said," so sweet.

The pictures are so fun. I'm getting the Aloe tommorow and will drop it off for you!

Anonymous said...

So, Wesley already knows about fire and fuses and finds fascination with the subject? He must be your son, Debbie, or should I say recovering pyro? heehee