Friday, May 2, 2008

Random Things

So, I am attempting to grow lavender. Here we are about 8 weeks after planting. Wesley would help me water the seeds, so they kinda got washed to the side of the pot. BUT, they are growing. Hooray! It smells really good already. I hope it survives! I found a really great site you can go to and check out some of the different medicinal uses of lavender and lavender oil. I love the essential oil. I use it for many different things, from aromatherapy to help relax to using the straight oil for first aid purposes. I put it on my kids bruises and it seems to help them heal much quicker. I love it!

(This pic is taken back in January. I can't believe how much bigger Aubrey is now!)



Kids are so funny, the way they perceive things and especially HEAR things. The other day we were playing at the park in our neighborhood and Wesley said to me, "Mudder! (Mother) I have a chipmunk in my sandal!". "Oh my goodness! A chipmunk? Lets see." , I said thinking he was using that great imagination of his again. I thought maybe he was pretending he really did have a chipmunk in his shoe, although I couldn't figure out why he'd pretend that. So, he takes off his sandal and dumps out about 4 or 5 little WOOD CHIPS and says, "Wow! Look! Lots of chipmunks!". I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing. I said, "Oh! Those are called wood chips sweetie, not chipmunks." And then I explained what a chipmunk is. He just looked at me with a confused look and said, "Oh." It was so cute.




On to Aubrey; We have been trying to teach her the word up. She can't quite say it. If she is sitting in my lap she says, "I want down" which really sounds more like "aunt dowwwnnnn". If she wants me to pick her up she says, "aunt dowwwnnn". If she wants up on a chair, same thing. I hope she gets it soon. She went in for her 18 month check up the other day. She is doing well. She wasn't to happy about the shots, but neither were mom and Wesley. Wesley kept telling the nurse that Aubrey did not like shots and so not to give her any. He tried, but she still got the shots.
Today Aubrey was standing up on a 3 ring binder that was on the floor and then jumping off. She was so proud of herself and just giggled and giggled once she landed. Thank heavens it is just 3 ring binders she is jumping off and not chairs and couches. Although I can see it in her eyes how tempted she is to go a little higher. Soon, the 3 inch thrill will wear off and she'll be on to bigger and better things.




1 nice things said:

Jenn said...

They are so cute!! Also I looked up Lavendar and it said "Do not put in eyes," I had to laugh after you told me the "Lavendar in the Eyes Story." But it does work for just about everything else!! I put it on my pillow at night to help me relax! Keep us updated on the Lavendar Growing! I'm about to grow some Aloe so if you want some of that let me know because my inlaws have a ton of it so I can pull you a stalk off!! Our kids were going to town putting aloe all over there boo-boos on Sunday!