Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

We rented a car to get home...........yes our faithful Cutlass is gone....unless grandad can fix 'er up, in which case she is all his.

We have all had the stomach flu at least once, some twice.

But..............

We all had some fun and really enjoyed visiting our extended families. Wesley had a blast playing with his aunts and uncles and cousins. I asked him last night what his favorite part of our trip was, and he said, "gumballs at grandads house." My dad has a big gumball machine in the front room and the grand kids love to sneak quarters out of his bedroom and munch on gumballs. I asked him if he also enjoyed his aunts and uncles and the four wheelers and seeing all of the animals and playing in the mountain. He said yes, but kept going back to the gumballs.

Brady and I went floating down a river on tubes at the Tingey reunion. The first time I had ever gone. It was fun. And then it started to lightning, and for some reason, I was the only one concerned about it? It was fun though. We had a lot of good food and a lot of fun. We enjoyed dancing and I even got Brady out on the floor a few times! He is better than he lets on. Wesley and I enjoyed our traditional dances together, which meant more to me than to him I am sure since it took a bit of coaxing from his dad to get him to go out on the floor with me. But once he started, he had fun. He is a good little dancer. Definitely has some moves I've never seen before. He is so fun! Aubrey danced with us for a little bit, but was so tired. Then she got sick that night. Poor thing was sick a lot on our trip. Flu and car sick is my guess.

I was surprised at the fact that Wesley really didn't care to much for the four wheelers this time. Aubrey loved them and was always asking for rides. I finally got Wesley on with me, just the two of us, and he was so scared??? He has never been like that before. He even freaked out when Aubrey would go on the four wheeler. Anyway, I finally got him to go with me, and after a while he relaxed and then started to have fun. By the end of the ride, he didn't want off. Thank goodness, I was getting worried about him. LOL

Anyway, we had a good trip. And it is good to be home. I will post some pics and tell more as soon as I get batteries for the camera so I can load the pics on the computer.

So, stay tuned......................

7 nice things said:

Cassie Cruz said...

I am so glad that you guys, despite the sickness and car troubles, had a fun time. I am still so super sad that we didnt get to go. That just gives me more of an excuse to have to go see you in Texas! Someday. And Im glad you all made it home safely. :)

Lewis Family said...

Didin't you leave out one little bit of info you want to share? *grin*
Glad you are home safe!

Jenn said...

YEAH!! I kept checking to see when you were home on your blog!! I heard about your CAR-AHHHH! We missed you! Talk to you soon. Can't wait to see all the groovy picures!

nat said...

i am soooo happy you made it home!

Hilarie said...

Sounds like you guys had quite an adventure! Welcome home!

Walkers said...

It was so good to see you guys! Isn't there something else about your trip you want to share? :) Glad you made it home safely!

Hawkins Crew said...

It was great to visit with everybody that got to come to the reunion,sorry about the car problems i feel partially to blame with my long distance diagnoses.I am glad you got home safe,and that ya'al hade fun. Love Dad