Thursday, August 21, 2008

Utah Trip: Last Leg

Although I don't have any pics of the last part of our trip, I wanted to finish telling about our journey.

We left the Blue Mountain Saturday night tired and dirty. But it was fun. Especially for the kids.

Sunday, I got up and took Aubrey with me down to the meetings at the White Mesa branch. It was a nice little meeting and brought back a lot of memories of my time as a missionary in Salamanca, Spain.

Sunday afternoon my mom made a nice dinner for us and we spent some time over at her house. She made roast, potatoes, and rolls and green beans. It was very nice. Thanks mom! We visited and the kids played and went out and saw the chickens.

Monday, we finished up some laundry and packing and hit the road. I was going to stay the night in Albuquerque and fly home with Aubrey on Tuesday. But, then we heard about the tropical storm that was going to hit Galveston, and I decided I'd rather just drive with the boys then get stuck in New Mexico an extra day. It was a long drive home. But, we made it! And we didn't bring any sickness home with us. Except maybe morning sickness, which I'd love to have just left behind.

2 nice things said:

Rose said...

You are very welcome for the dinner. I love to cook for my kids and grandkids too. It was a very special day for us. Thanks for coming over.
I am sure you were very blessed to go to White Mesa, I've always loved going there and feeling the special spirit that is there.
XOXO

Kamill said...

I am glad you had a great time! MORNING SICKNESS?!?! Are you saying something about another little one on its way? If so CONGRATULATIONS!!!