
So serious! Contemplating what to do now that he is in the tree. Hmm.....
The classic, stick his tongue out for the pic.
Climbing.........something Wesley loves to do.
Wesley and Kadence. This morning, out of the clear blue sky, he told me he was never going to get to see Kadence again. I told him he would if she came to visit or if we went to visit them. He didn't say anything after that. So, I was going through pics and found this one of them playing at Chick Fillet........."Chick a lay" as Kadence would say.
Wesley loves candy. Especially CHOCOLATE!! He told us, for his birthday he wants chocolate and toys. That is easy enough. He already made out like a bandit over our vacation. Grandma Tingey brought him his present early.........10 new trains from the Thomas the Tank Engine Series!!! THANKS GRANDMA!!!!! She hit the train gold mine and got them all on sale......an extremely good sale. And Aunt Laura and Uncle Sam gave him a fun money game so we can work on helping him grasp the concept that all coins are not quarters. THANKS Sam and Laura!! Granny Great and Grampa sent him a nice birthday card, which he was thrilled to receive a letter in the mail. Thank you Gran!!
This week Wesley will be four years old! I can hardly believe it. I watch him, and it amazes me how grown up he is becoming. He is a good helper. Especially lately, since I have not been feeling myself. He plays with Aubrey, gets her snacks, and is obedient when I ask him to help me clean up (most of the time anyway).
He has been really intrigued by the Olympic games in Beijing. He sits and watches the events with Brady and hardly blinks. I love to watch his face. I wish I could see into that little mind of his and know exactly what he is thinking sometimes.
He has been into Dora the Explorer lately. And Diego, Dora's cousin. Today, he told me I was Dora, he is Swiper, dad is Diego, and Aubrey is Boots. LOL What about Back Pack?? And Rescue Pack??? J/J Those who know nothing of Dora are probably lost by now. It is funny how kids get so into things.
Lately Wesley has been calling me Sister Tingey?? I guess he hears the kids at church call me that, and even some of his friends call me that away from church. It cracks me up. I told him the other night he could just call me mom. He said sometimes he just likes to call me Sister Tingey. So, I called him Brother Tingey and he told me he is not Brother Tingey, he is Wesley Tingey. Hmph. Okay.
He is getting better with his number recognition. He has struggled. He gets numbers and letters mixed up. He calls the 7 a L and the 5 a S and the 8 a B. We are getting there. He knows the whole alphabet and their sounds. I have been working with him on using the sounds to sound out words. It's slow coming, but he seems interested so we will keep working on it. He loves books. I am happy about that. I hope he always likes to read.
He is still a picky little eater, which drives me nuts. But, at least he will eat good things. He likes fruit and veggies. And he loves ketchup sandwiches!! Yuck!!!
I love to lay down by him at bed time. I can tell when he is getting really sleepy, because he tells me over and over that he loves me. And he pats my cheek and then holds my hand. I love it! I love my little guy!!
Wesley loves his daddy. He loves to go swimming with him, play Age of Empires with him, read with him, and especially loves to do carnival rides with him (you know, the put the kid on your feet while you are laying on your back and fly them all around kind of rides). When he says the prayer at breakfast, he always prays that his daddy will be safe at work.
He is such a sweet boy and we are so grateful to have him in our lives.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Utah Trip: Intermission Please....It's Wesley's Birthday This Week
Posted by Texas Tingey at 6:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 nice things said:
What a cute boy. They grow up way too fast. I remember going to his baby blessing. Can it really be four years ago?
He's so sweet. And about the Martial Arts-you have to be 5 but Jeffery takes Martial Arts at the Kuk Sool Won by Sonic. It is wonderful Debbie. Jeffery would love to give Wesley a tutorial (smile). I missed you at church today! You poor thing. I feel for you on the morning sickness. Hey I found a Pregnancy Workout tape you can borrow if you want!
This was very enjoyable to read.
Oh Wesley- that little boy has meant the world to my little girl. Kadence misses him terribley but she isn't so doom and gloom. She has invited me to thier wedding in the Mesa AZ temple but I have to take a nap first. I guess to be on my best behavior! Your post made me cry...miss you all.
Happy Birthday Wesley!!!
How cute he is. I don't know where all the time has gone. It doesn't seem that long ago that he and Micki were born! Enjoy him... before you know it he'll be 11 and the answer to everything will be "I don't know", "nothing", or my personal favorite "whatever", with a roll of the eyes! (HMMM who do we know like that?!) I hope Wesley had a great birthday today!!
Cuteness! Happy B-Day (even if it's a little late)!
Post a Comment