Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bring on the Potty Training!!

So, Brady left town this afternoon and will be back, thankfully, tomorrow evening. I meant to ask him to stop by and grab a pack of diapers for me on his way home from work before he left. That didn't happen. So, he got home and packed and did a few things to get ready for the repairmen that are coming in the morning to fix our long list of warranty items on the house, and then had to get to the airport. No time to go get diapers. I have 3. So, I put Aubrey in the tub tonight, and after she got out I let her run around in panties and told her if she needed to go pee pee, to go sit on the little toilet. I turned the light on in the bathroom and set up the little potty and the next thing I knew she was in there sitting down and telling me, "pee pee mommy". I looked in the little potty, not really expecting to see anything, and low and behold she had really gone!!! I was thrilled and praised her forever and told her if she needed to go again to go in the potty again. A little while later, she came up to me and said, "pee pee, panties" and was tugging on her panties. So, I told her to pull them all the way down and go sit on the potty, and she did!!!! And she went again!! I can't even believe it!! I am so happy. So, I am hoping she will keep it up. We shall see. I hope this isn't some sort of fluke. I'd love to be done with diapers for a while before the next baby gets here.

9 nice things said:

Young Family said...

Way to go Aubrey. I am so jealous. I hope I can have Hayden out of diapers by the time the baby is born. Most people thing that is just wishful thinking on my part.

Ryan and Tawnee said...

yeah!!! she is just like Cambelle, brillant and beautiful- they will be a powerful companionship when they serve thier mission together! Ha ha ha- Or dangerous roomates in college- watchout BYU!

Jenn said...

WHOO HOO! I LOVE IT when they potty train....PERFECT TIMING! What a CUTIE!

Crystal P said...

Way to go Aubrey!

Walkers said...

How cute! Jeanette has a funny story to tell about her littlest one. She has a blog now, have you seen it?

Cassie Cruz said...

Oh good job Aubrey!! And how nice it will be if she will keep it up, most definately! :) Very Wonderful.

Rose said...

Great Job Aubrey! It is an exciting time when our kids go potty in the toilet.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I wish it was that easy at our house! :) Way to go Aubree!! Hope it continues!

Lewis Family said...

WHOO HOO!!! I can't wait for Horatio to catch on!