Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Utah Trip : A Morning at Temple Square

We left Rockin' R Ranch on Sunday afternoon and drove up to Syracuse. We stayed Sunday night at Aunt Laureen's. They fed us dinner and everything! It was nice. Wesley chewed the rubber off of Laureen's shower squeegee........Gross! I about died. But, he apologized and Aunt Laureen did a good job holding in her giggles.

Monday morning we headed down to SLC. Aubrey was still puking at this point. So, I wondered how it would go. She did fine. However, cousin Nathanael decided it was his turn to be sick. Poor kids. Anyway, we met up with grandma Tingey, Aunt Christy, her son Nathanael, and her niece, and Aunt Becca. I had never been to the top of the church office building........that offered some neat views I'd never seen. Wesley really liked it. We weren't there long. But it was more fun this time since Wesley is older and more interested in seeing things. Grandma treated us to lunch at the Garden Restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building. I always enjoy being in that building..........it is so nice.


Cool view of the State Capital building.

Wesley's idea to stand in front of this statue....a young boy with his mom. The other is, of course, a statue of Joseph Smith. Aubrey was not happy as you can see.

The Salt Lake Temple never ceases to amaze me.



This is me and the kids with my Grandfather Low. We were able to stop and visit him for a bit. Aubrey puked on his couch and Wesley clogged his toilet. LOL. But really, we had a nice visit.

I know this is really random..........Nick is hilarious. I had to put a picture of him up. This is Brady's youngest brother.


I wish I would have been feeling better and been more on the ball. I didn't get pics of us with my friend Autumn and her two little cuties, Hunter and Peyton, or my mission comp. Jessica and her adorable little boy, Hayden. But, we did get to stop by for a few minutes, literally only a few minutes, and say hi to them. Also, I didn't get pics with Abby........I saw her briefly. She came and picked up our car and kept it at her apartment until my dad could travel up North to pick it up. (explanation just below.)
And then, it happened. The car started to over heat really bad and we stopped and checked the fluids etc. and found that the oil was indeed turning milky....................YIKES!! So, we made it to Provo, got a hotel, rented a car (after many wasted hours of car hunting by myself. We were just gonna buy a car......I am glad we didn't.), and ended up being in Provo for 2 days with the stomach flu. I got to spend some time with my friend Natalie. She was my shoulder to cry on and my moral support in going about finding a rental car and all that good stuff! I was on the verge of falling apart, but she helped keep me together. I didn't get a pic with her either! Dang it!!
So, Brady and Wesley had the flu the worse this time around. Aubrey seemed to be doing better. I got it, but not bad. Which I guess is a huge blessing. It was at this point in the trip that all my suspicions that maybe I was/am pregnant were confirmed in the affirmative through a store bought test. So, we got ourselves all pulled together and finally headed to Blanding a day later than scheduled. The morning we left, Brady was feeling so much better and was able to stop by and see some of his friends from Provo for a minute before we left. He got to see Rodney, Steve, and Benjamin. Steve and Benjamin are old roomies from BYU. Rodney is a nice man Brady still home teaches every month via phone. And of course, no pics...........*SIGH*

5 nice things said:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that we also were able to see the places we lived when first married. We also saw your sister Abbey. You got to eat at all the cool restaurants too. I still wish we would have made it to Gandolfo's for a sandwich.

Cassie Cruz said...

Wow. Im almost exhausted just reading about this part of the trip. I hate the flu. It is so tiring. Im trying to convince Ryan that as soon as Dad gets your old car a-runnin' again that we should sell the pathfinder and buy it. He isnt going for it.

Rose said...

I have to agree with Cassie about being almost exhausted. LOL But it looks like it was a great part of your trip. I didn't realize you got to see Grandfather Low. Nice picture. I have to say that that Salt Lake Temple is very special to me. I was sealed to my parents there and I'll never forget it.
Love you all.

Melanie said...

sounds like you guys had a total blast, except for the whole being sick thing...YEA for another cute little tingey on its way! i'm so sad that I don't get to be up there and help you with the strawberry ice cream thing...BUT, I will take care of that somehow! don't know how, but by golly, you helped me when I was pregnant, so I will be there for you!
congrats on the new tingey!

Young Family said...

I think it is funny about the car. My dad couldn't stop talking about how you should have bought a car when Brady's parents suggested it. I know I shouldn't laugh.

It was so good to see you. Thanks for stopping by.