Thursday, September 24, 2009

WHAT THE....???

I went outside today to check the kids and let them know they had 10 minutes before time to come in for the evening, and what do you think I find??? Muddy and wet , Wesley was riding his little red bike up the side walk without training wheels!!!! I was shocked and excited (not that he was wet and muddy, but that he was riding a bike!). I remember our neighbor helped him remove the training wheels last week. I walked out and they had all the tools out and were "working" on the bike. So, I guess Brinson taught Wesley how to ride since then! COOL! He was a bit tipsy, but doing well. Wow:-)

4 nice things said:

Walkers said...

Yea!! Isn't it funny what kids can do. That was Jill... one morning she couldn't ride her bike, but by that evening she was riding!! She just decided it was something she wanted to do I guess!

Texas Tingey said...

Yes, I think that is exactly what the case with WEsley....he just decided it was something he wanted to do because all of the other kids he plays with are pretty much set to go with out training wheels.
POSITIVE PEER PRESSURE is the best.

Jenn said...

You are so funny-the title caught me off guard-go Wesley!

Dale, Vanessa, Gavin, Linnaea & Duncan Berg said...

Wow! He's more brave than I was. I was so chicken to go without training wheels, that I didn't get it till 7 yrs old, when my mom tricked me and let go. He's so independant.