Monday, September 14, 2009


Today was Aubrey's first day of School. Isn't she sooo beautiful?
I got together with a few of my friends from church and we are doing a little preschool one day a week. We rotate through, so all the moms will teach, be a helper to the teacher, or babysit the younger babies so that the mom teaching can teach, and the helper can help. We came up with our own curriculum and schedule so that it isn't just a scatter brained thing we do from week to week. I am excited.

Here the kids are at circle time where they sing, say the pledge of allegiance, and do calendar time. Miss Michelle was the teacher today.


A couple of our collectibles:-)

The kiddo's playing together.

Aubrey wants EVERYTHING these days. She is getting good at grabbing and actually getting the things she wants. The other day she snuck a slice of orange and started sucking away at it. About gave me a heart attack. It reminded me of a time when Wesley was a baby and his Uncle Chris gave him an orange slice to suck on when he was 4 MONTHS old. Now that he is a daddy, I am curious if he gives Will orange slices?? lol

Our little Cheerleader! Go BYU!!!

Labor Day the Swim Team did a little parade through the neighborhood. They had a fire truck come to lead the way and all the kids followed on bikes. It was really hot that day, so I was amazed that Wesley rode his bike the whole time. I followed in the van. Brady ran home and grabbed his bike about half way through. After the parade, they met back at the pool and went diving for coins. It was a fun little activity for them. Go Crocs!!!

Love how the kids are all off in their own worlds in this picture.

Love even more that Wesley wore his goggles on his head the whole time. lol

Our neighbors followed in their jeep and let some of the swim team ride with them. They are the smart ones:-)

ps Wesley just came in and asked if he could have a party right now and invite all of his friends from our block over for snacks! I told him only if they brought their own snacks. :-) funny kid.

4 nice things said:

Rebecca said...

That's funny. Me and some friends are doing a home preschool too! Rotating and stuff. We did not think of a babysitter though- or a helper. I guess that is cause I am the only one with a baby right now! Have fun and share your ideas with me so I have some too! Cali is a doll.

Jenn said...

She IS so beautiful like her Mama! I'm so excited for ya'll and the fun program you are doing for your kids. And what a COOL NEIGHBORHOOD ACTIVITY! AWESOME!

Walkers said...

You're kids are so cute!! They get cuter everytime I see them! :) You're well on your way, you might as well just home school Wesley too... it's been a thought in my head for my own kids. Just a thought for now though!

Rose said...

Looks liks so much fun. It'a way awesome the moms have gotten together like that for a pre-school. I loved the parade, and all the pics as always. Home schooling is so awesome. I miss teaching my kids, but they are at the age where they will not listen to me anymore. There are times they do miss it though.