Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pay Backs Are So Not Cool!


Meet Aubrey; AKA, "The Artist". I remember when I was a child, I was fascinated with filling in big empty spaces with color, be it shoe polish, paint, crayons or anything that could leave a mark. Big empty spaces meaning, walls, doors, etc. My mother confirmed this to me when she left me a note on my face book page after she had read my current status message where I told the face book world about my lovely daughter and her amazing art work today. She said something about this being pay back??
Two words for today: PERMANENT MARKER.
A lot more words flying through my head (never leaving my mouth, really) as I walked around up stairs and found wall after wall, door after door, dressers, the TV, both desks, toy bench, and Aubrey's pants marked up with black permanent marker!!!!
I am always getting after her for drawing on the floor with crayon and writing on my walls with pens or pencils. But today takes the cake! PAPER! WHAT IS WRONG WITH USING PAPER?? I know the answer to that; Paper limits you. Walls go on and on. *sigh*

Here is a little sample of the door work....


and one of the walls. I could post many more pictures, but you get the point. Luckily, I was able to cover up the walls with paint. And then a friend of mine brought me a magic eraser. Now, I will be scrubbing my little heart out for the next few days, but I am happy to say that the magic eraser is working:-)
Now, on to a happier note, CALI IS SITTING UP!!! It is sooo nice! She is a much happier girl sitting up. She is still a little tipsy at times, but doing really well. I am so happy for her. She will be 6 months this month:-)

She is a doll! How could you help but wanna love and hug, and kiss this adorable little sweetie?

So Happy. I am sure she will NEVER even be tempted to write on any of my walls;-) ha ha ha lol

8 nice things said:

Melanie said...

Oh Debbie! Man...pay backs are NOT cool whatsoever!! I'm so glad the magic eraser is working for you. I was definitely going to suggest paint, but you already did! Man.

Yea for Cali sitting up! such a big girl!!! I can't believe she is almost 6 months! Time flies!!!

Crystal P said...

I have one that seems to feel limited by paper, also. I feel your pain! BTW - add me as a facebook friend! I tried to search for you but couldn't find you!

Walkers said...

Cali is truely a doll, and Aubrey was once the same doll. A doll still none the less, just a doll with her own mind now. If kids are payback, brace yourself now you have a lot to be paid back for!! I only know because I was with you through a lot of it! :) LOL

Rose said...

You know, I absolutly love Aubreys art work. Very artistic. I'm serious. But I do have a suggestion that seemed to help me quite a bit. You can buy butcher paper it's on a huge role. You can get it really big and long, spread out on the floor, then let the kids trace themselves and what ever else they want to do. I used it alot with Kylie, Kelly, Lindsey, and their friends. Now Avena and Melany love it too.

Rose said...

oh yea.... I was so shocked to see Cali sitting. WOW! They grow up so fast.

Rebecca said...

SO sorry about the marker! Oh boy I hope it all comes off.

Jenn said...

POOR GIRL! Ahhh nobody deserves that kind of payback!! Thank goodness its coming off!

Julie said...

Oh man! I feel your pain sister. Why does it have to be the walls? I always thought I was safe but have notoced some things at my house I will share on the blog!