This is just a rant on fear and how I HATE IT!
Fear is something we all feel at different times in our life. Right now, my 5 year old is discovering new fears and insecurities; Like fear of what his class mates think of him. Tonight for Family Home Evening, the kids made pictures of our family. It was a homework assignment for Wes, so we figured it would be a fun activity tonight. Wesley is a silly kid. I love his silliness. After he finished his picture, he decided he wanted to make the whole family look like clowns in his picture, so he glued red pom poms to all of the faces he drew. They were bigger poms, so they covered up the faces. But he laughed and loved it. Then I explained that he was going to have the opportunity to show his picture to his class on Friday and guess what he said? "Oh no! I need to take the clown noses off or all the kids will laugh at me!". Which, is true. Some of them probably would laugh at him. Grrrrrrr............. And so it has begun. Fear of what others may think.
Fear has had me an emotional wreck. And I have decided it needs to be conquered in some areas of my life. Other areas I don't care to much about overcoming the fear, like my fear of ever going sky diving. I will never do it and my life will be better and longer for it. :-) My fear of myself? What I mean by that, is the fear to reach out to everyone around me and follow through with thoughts and promptings that come to me and not worry what others think of me when I do. I truly desire to be better at loving people and following through with the thoughts and promptings, silly as they may seem at times, to talk to someone, sit by someone, call someone, embrace someone, pray for someone, forgive someone, and on and on and on.
How many amazing experiences do we miss in life, because we set our faith aside and let fear take over??
Monday, September 21, 2009
Fear
Posted by Texas Tingey at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 nice things said:
Love you!
Thanks for the thought- I need to let faith take over in my life too
Your braver then you give yourself credit for. I was always inspired by you. Thanks for your thoughts, I needed them tonight.
YES to this, I'm glad I peeked at your blog (linked from someone else in the ward's list :-) ) You are so right about fear. It prevents so many good things from happening. I always loved the saying "fear is the opposite of faith."
Post a Comment