Friday, September 11, 2009

Stories To Remember

No pics this time. Just a story I don't want to forget.

So, apparently walls and doors are not good Enough for Aubrey anymore. She has moved on to "humans", as Wesley would say. Baby humans, at that. A couple of days ago, I was working on some sewing projects when I remembered I needed to run into my bedroom and shoot a quick email to my hubby and let him know he had left his cell phone sitting on the computer desk. I had Aubrey doing water color pictures, and Cali playing happily in the 'high chair' (that really isn't a high chair, it is a booster seat strapped to one of our tall kitchen table chairs....'high chair' get it? ha ha ha, I am so funny). Anyway, I was only gone out of the room for a few minutes; like maybe 5-10, when I went back and started barking my orders for Aubrey to get things cleaned up so we could leave and went over and cleaned up my sewing mess and then Cali started to fuss so I went to get her and realized her arms and legs were all red and yellow! Yes; it was water color. It reminded me of that part in the movie Nanny McPhee where the Nanny runs out of the house screaming, "They've eaten the baby!" except I was screaming, "She's painted the baby!". Not quite as dramatic as eating a baby, I know. Still. Still. You know what I mean. Aubrey told me she made Cali's finger nails pretty. Boy did she ever!!!

We went out for Chinese tonight to celebrate Grandpa Tingey's birthday. No, he is not here visiting, but what better excuse could I have come up with to get out of cooking. Saying I wanted to keep the kitchen clean since I spent the day battling a colony of ants that found their way into my kitchen, sounds lazy and lame, right? Really, I kept asking myself, "What am I going to do about all these ants?" and the words to a motivational speech (last 5 minutes of speech) I listened to last night came sounding in my mind; "You just do it, and you do it and do it, and do it, and do it!" So anyway, thanks for having a birthday today Grandpa Tingey!! We love You!!
So while at the restaurant, Dad ordered some hot and sour soup. When the waiter brought it, Wesley said, "Why did you get soup? Are you sick?". That cracked us up.

We attended our first PTO meeting last night. It was good to be able to go to Wesley's classroom and have his teacher go over what they are doing and will be doing in class. I feel like I understand his school stories a little better now. He still rides the bus. Last week he asked a couple of times it he could be a car rider. But he is back to being okay with the bus again. Aubrey likes to walk him down to the bus and then be there when he gets off.

The other night Wesley told us he does not like Thanksgiving because he does "not like turkey. I only like beef turkey!", he says. What he means is, he only likes beef JERKY. lol.

Aubrey's favorite word right now is "why?". Need I say more. I am starting up a little Joy School with a few friends for her. That will be so good for her.

Brady is reading a book about the 1906 earthquake. I am reading Devi Nambudripad's "Say Good-bye to Illness" book.

And that is all for now........I am becoming a very slothful blogger. I will try to be better.

2 nice things said:

Ryan and Tawnee said...

lOved your post and new side pictures! Miss your face and wild little family!

ginger said...

Reminds me of the time Braelynd put Gatorade mix on Brett's head to turn his hair BLUE!