Grandma Tingey is here visiting for a few days. Today, we went out to pamper ourselves and have a pedicure and left the kids with their daddy. We were just finishing up at the nail salon when I realize I have a few missed calls on my cell phone from daddy. So, I called to see if everything was okay and the first thing I here is, "so how do you get lip stick cleaned up out of the carpet?" and Aubrey crying in the background. *sigh* Apparently Aubrey found grandmas make-up bag and discovered the one tube of lip stick she had and thought, "hmmm...this looks like a good color for me. Ooopppss! I got it on my hand, let me just wipe that right off here on the carpet." She also got it on one of the couch coushins and Wesleys little lounge chair. But doesn't she look sooo pretty? Great color for her; not so great for the carpet, her clothes, and the furniture.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Pretty Lips
Posted by Texas Tingey at 8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 nice things said:
I am so sorry Debbie! What is it with kids and makeup? :) We have had that happen over here as well. Do you have a Magic Eraser? I swear by those! They are GREAT! Hope you had fun pampering yourself! And Miss Aubry does look beautiful! :)
I am so sorry. I hope you are able to get it out. Try oxiclean. Isn't it amazinghow fast kids acn get into things they shouldn't?
she looks so dang cute!! glad you got a chance to be pampered!!
Old School Method
Rub in vegetable or mineral oil onto the affected areas and allow it to soak for 15 minutes.
Blot excess oils with an absorbent paper towel or terry cloth rags.
Then sponge in a solution of 50% ammonia with water (unless the fabric is silk or wool).
Rinse thoroughly with cool water and wring out.
Sponge remaining affected areas liberally with isopropyl rubbing alcohol.
If this doesn't work google "lipstick stain removal," if you haven't already!
I am soooooooo sorry. You did get a cute picture of Aubry!! Don't let this stop you from getting pedicures-you deserve it girl!
Post a Comment