Friday, March 13, 2009

Humph! Well....

It was a looonnnggg day today. I honestly thought we were going to have a baby by this morning. But, nope. Here I am. Feeling like I am trapped in some pregnancy dream that will never end. I contracted from late afternoon until about 1:30 am every 7-15 minutes....occasionally we went 20 minutes, yesterday. So, of course we just waited and waited for them to start coming more regular and harder. Never happened. I was getting myself so excited to meet our new little girl. Then morning came, and NOTHING. I was a little worried because at my appointment yesterday I was dilated to ALMOST a 4. I went so fast with Aubrey I was worried that maybe last night did dilate me more, even though I never went into full labor. So, Brady finally convinced me to call and talk to my doctors nurse. She advised me to go to OB Observation and get checked, just for the peace of mind. So, we did. (thank you Ellen for taking Aubrey even though she isn't feeling well! And Rebecca for taking Wes). Thankfully, for the sake of my peace of mind, there were no changes. I only had 3 contractions in the hour I was monitored. So, I got to come home and we are holding out a while longer. Maybe she really is going to hold out for the 18th? I have this fear she may hold out longer!! Ahhh!! Anyway, it has ended up to be a HUGE blessing in disguise that she really didn't come last night. Both of the kids have colds and as the day has gone on, Aubrey has gotten worse. I would have felt terrible if we had this baby and then the kids couldn't even come see her. So, as anxious as I am, I am grateful I didn't get my way last night.
Wesley was sooo excited thinking we had gone to the hospital to get the baby. I told him we had to wait a bit longer for Cali and he said, "But she needs to come now so that she can be with her friends." or something to that effect. It was very cute. He is so excited. And the poison ivy thing.....99% better. He still gets a bit itchy, but the rash is pretty much gone.

I was looking through some pics and found this one of Brady and I at the Oakland temple. This was taken the June before Wesley was born in August, at his sisters wedding. Brady was in Illinois doing an internship and I stayed behind in Provo. We met in CA for the wedding and got to see each other for a few days. I am glad he is not gone now.......I'd make it because sometimes you just have to. But, it sure is nice to have him around. I cannot tell you how much I love this man! He is amazing to me.


This next picture is a little glance into our last Family Home Evening. We sang a song, and then the kids drug out some of my kitchen supplies and "made food" for us. I think we threw in a line or two about how blessed we are to have food and we should thank Heavenly Father for all we have. Wesley is so cute lately; Well he is always, but his mealtime prayers have been especially cute. He always says, "and bless the people in this world who don't have food...". Quite the step up from, "Bless this day, amen.". I love kids. I love to hear them pray. It is so sweet.

10 nice things said:

Anonymous said...

I am glad we do not have a Friday the 13th baby! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Rebecca said...

oh boy! or should I say girl. Well, we are happy that you are happy. Just think you are already a fourth of the way there!
Yea.

Crystal P said...

ooohhhh! So close! Keep us updated.

Ryan and Tawnee said...

Been thinking of you! Wish we were there to see the new little one when she decides to make her debut! Squeeze Kadence's little man and Cambelle's best buddy for us!

Rose said...

Reading your blog brought back memories. I do feel for you but she will come when she's ready. We are so excited for you all. God be with you.

Rose said...

PS
Hiking would probably be really good for putting you in REAL labor. :) Just come on over and we'll take you out on some good working trails.

Jenn said...

I LOVE that picture of you too and I'm SO SORRY it is taking so long. But I guess it is good that the kids have some time to get better! But I am still so sorry!!! Especially since you are a FOUR. YOu must be so uncomfortable. Hang in there Deb!

eden and david said...

hopefully things move quickly these last few days.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!! The end is near. :) Easier said than done, I know. Hope this little one decides to come soon, so her poor mommy can be more comfortable! Keep us posted!

Melanie said...

you're almost there! hang in there! that pic of you two outside the temple is so cute! keep us posted!