We had bacon, eggs, and toast for dinner the other night. It has been a while since we have made Wesley taste eggs, so we decided he needed to try them again. You would have thought the kid was being tied down and tortured. Brady finally told him he would cover his eyes so he couldn't see the eggs, and he could plug his nose and then chase the egg with a bit of juice. Oh the drama of it all. The first bite, Wesley ran from the room gagging. I couldn't stop laughing. I know, I am mean. Then the fight for him to get bite number two down began. That is when Brady grabbed the camera for me so he could always remember the moment Wesley gagged down eggs with his eyes covered by his dad and a nice little chaser of cranberry/grape juice. Now here is a funny little side note: Tonight I told him he had to have a bite of chicken and he asked if he could just have a couple bites of egg!!!!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Another Dramatic Dinner
Whew! He did it!! Poor kid. You can see the trauma of it all on his face.
Posted by Texas Tingey at 6:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 nice things said:
AHAHAHAHA! With Oliver and Horatio it's peas. Horatio is more easily convinced than Oliver was at least. I remember prying open Oliver's mouth when he was under 3. Whew, not proud parenting moments; at least you persuaded Wesley!
Poor Wesely! You mean mom! just kidding!!! I know how you feel, for us it's Jillian with about everything we eat every night! At least you can get him to try them that way, Jillian won't budge!
How funny!
I was looking at some of your other posts and I wish I were as decorative and creative as you! So many people in our family are creative, but somehow the gene skipped me! But...you should see the nice V-Day decor I bought for my front door today! I have never had time to make things since I worked but now that I am home I really don't have time but I feel like I should! Maybe I can pay you to make something (yeah right, with a new baby and all!) and I can say I made it! And you reminded me I need to set up my nursery and go through things too. I also forget you live in Texas. Jim and I are going to Snowbird in March and I thought I could run by and see you, but you aren't there anymore!!
Poor Wesley, have you read green eggs and ham to him? Maybe, just maybe that would help him with the concept of trying different foods????
Been there, done that! The sad thing is it is with Bailey the 10 year old. We still have to force her to try things and oh the drama!
I think it is funny how he will eat a ketchup sandwiches all day long but won't eat scrambled eggs. If I had to choose between them I sure wouldn't choose the former. Love the blog. I can see what you and the children do while I am at work.
Post a Comment