A couple of weekends ago, Brady took the kids and went camping. Yes, and mom stayed home. There were a few other families from church that went, and from what I hear, the kids all had a great time. It did get a bit cold.........everyone was back home by nine o'clock the next morning. Aubrey was thrilled that she got to go. It is usually just daddy and Wesley. Wesley's favorite thing about camping is marshmallows. He was so anxious to get up to their camp site so he could cook marshmallows over the fire and eat them with crackers and chocolate. mmmmmm......yummy:) I would have gone too if I could have had a nice soft mattress to take along. The picture above is Wesley and Aubrey with a couple of their camping buddies.
This past weekend was full of things to do......mostly for Brady. In the mix of helping people move, he got a little yard work done. Wesley and Aubrey were out "helping" him edge the yard and Wesley came in sighing in exhaustion and got a drink of water and then plopped himself down on the couch and asked me, "Is that what mans do?". And I, of course not on the same track he was, asked, "What???" to which he replied, "Do a lot of work, and then take a rest?". I had to smile. I said to him, "Yes. Men work very hard, and then they need to rest." and he said, "Like daddy?" And I said, "Yes, like daddy." Sooooo cute and wonderful that he recognizes that his daddy is a hard worker.
Aubrey had been asking all day Saturday to go to the park. Of course, she wanted to go swing. I need to just invest in a swing set for that girl. Anyway, finally in the late afternoon while Brady was helping move, we set off for the park. I decided to drive, even though the park is just down the road from us. As I was buckling Aubrey into her car seat, she looked up at me with a very cute and very cheesey grin and said to me, "Mom, I so proud of you!". It was so cute. I started to laugh and asked if she was proud of me because I was FINALLY taking her to the park to swing and she smiled that cute smile of hers again and patted my cheek and said, "Yeessss!" She told me about 3 or 4 more times on the way to the park she was proud of me. It was very sweet.
Well, then we got to the park and somebody had moved one of the benches from off the grass up onto the playground area, right in front of the swings. Wesley saw that and said, "Hey! Who moved that mom bench there??". I was cracking up. A "mom bench". It will forever more be known as a 'mom bench' in our family.
I love these kids! There is never a dull moment. I love the things they do and say and their perspectives on how things are. I am really excited for Aubrey's vocabulary to start ringing through a little clearer.............she sure has a lot to say but I am not always sure what exactly it is because she gets to goin' so fast in her stories.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Camping and Other Funny Stories....
Posted by Texas Tingey at 8:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 nice things said:
What cute kids. They say the cutest things.
Thanks so much for my Groundhog Day wishes. You made my day!
Enjoy your stories about the kids. Thanks for sharing.
I'm proud of you too Debbie!! How cute. Kids are so funny- give them a few minutes of your time and they are happy as can be!
Post a Comment