Monday, January 19, 2009


This is a picture of Aubrey around March last year. She is so adorable; both then and now. I just love that sweet little face!! Anyway, she has always loved to swing and not much has changed.

Today is a 'mom and Aubrey' day. Wesley was invited to go to the zoo with his friend Stacey. They actually ended up going to the children's museum because the zoo was packed. I guess since it is a holiday, they are having free admission at the zoo. I am sure he is enjoying himself. I packed him a snack bag and he kept saying, "mom, you are giving me so much food!". I may have gotten a little out of hand. I aways say it is better to have to much than to little.

So, since it is such a lovely day (even with the wind), Aubrey and I went to the park with some friends so she could swing. She did go down the slide once. She talked and talked, like always, and it was fun to be able to focus all of my attention on just her and what she was saying, instead of trying to listen to her and Wesley both at the same time. She is such a funny little girl. I am beginning to understand her much better. She has a lot to say, but it isn't always clear to me just what her stories are about. She is so fun and gives really great hugs. I love her to pieces!!!

My sweet husband bought me this chair (pictured below) on Saturday..........It is sage green and is microfiber. It is really comfortable. I have been wanting a nice cozy chair I could sit up and nurse the baby in, and after two kids, I finally got one!! It will be a nice addition to our bedroom.
We also went to Babies R Us Saturday and bought a few things. I have a few more items to get and then we will be ready for this baby.
We got the bedroom furniture all rearranged over the weekend so I could start getting the girls room all organized. That is really fun to say........"the girls room". Anyway, I guess I am entering into the nesting stage of the pregnancy. I feel a great urgency to get everything organized and ready.

Nice, isn't it?? I have to tell ya where we bought it.........
We had this huge truck pull up onto our street from North Carolina. Then, the big riggers went around and knocked on everyones doors to tell them they had a trailer full of American made furniture for sale and to come take a look..................so we did, along with a few of our neighbors. They had some nice things. But this rocker/recliner is what got me. We probably didn't get a steal of a deal on it, but it is nice and I look forward to not having to sit up in bed or move out to the couch when I get up with the baby in middle of the night. Wesley, being the full out boy he is, immediately set to work to try and launch things (including Aubrey) off of the chair not even 5 minutes after it was brought into the house. Oh how I love having a little boy around!!!

6 nice things said:

Lewis Family said...

Yay! I nice nursing chair is invaluable, whatever you paid was not too much!

Young Family said...

It is nice to have one on one time with children.

Your chair looks comfy.

Jenn said...

That is great! Alyssa and I always have "Girls Night," every Wednesday when the boys are at scouts. We paint our nails and read books or watch a girl movie and make homemade popcorn.

Groovy chair!

Walkers said...

Love the chair! You'll love that chair for those midnight feedings! Wesley is so funny, I need a boy around my house!

Rose said...

WOW! Nice chair, I don't dare let Dave see it, he needed that for the past 7 weeks. We are so happy for you to have something that nice it looks so comfy for you and the baby. Once again, yes, both of your children are so special, so are you!
Hugs

Lacey Lu said...

That's gr8!! Sounds like you and Aubrey had a good time!! The chair looks nice and cozy-Congrats!!
Keep Smilin'!! Life's gr8!! Love ya'll tons!!