So, has anybody else out there ever experienced the yumminess of Slap Stix?? I love them! I found some big ones for .86 cents at Michaels today (the ones I would buy as a kid were smaller and only cost .10 cents). I don't know what it is about them.........they are just tasty!
Brady had never had one before we were married and I introduced him to them. I couldn't believe it! Chico Sticks and Slap Stix, Alexander the Grape, Lemon Heads, Red Hots, Fruit Cocktails, Boston Baked Beans...............Ahhhh.......treats from the past. And all for only .10 cents a box. I remember my parents talking about penny candy and how .10cents seemed like so much. Hah! What are my kids gonna remember? I can just hear Wesley in 20 or so years, "I remember when you could buy 3 candy bars for a dollar at Kroger!" when, 20 years from now, they will be selling 3 candy bars for four dollars or something.
Anyway, nothing like a yummy treat of Slap Stix to bring a family together!!
7 nice things said:
Yummy, I've never seen them that big myself. Looks like everyone is having fun. Good ole days
will be rememberd for sure.
Love ya.
I do remember the slap sticks, and all those other yummy candies too. The drug store and the mini mart saw a lot of us. Now that I think about it, I bet the few cents that our parents had to give us was so worth the long walk that it was from our house to buy the candy!! We were probably gone for awhile! Doesn't it make you feel kinda old to remember .10 candy?
Yumm! I love those things. And the big ones are the only way to go cuz you get more. heehee. Ya, Mini Mart! Haa! We used to go in and so very carefully pick what we would buy with our 10 cents. Azelin earned $27 in our yard sell today. So Ryan took her to Wal Mart cuz, as with us when we were little, it was burning a hole in her pocket. She came back with a book and a Hannah Montana DVD and had no money left. Her total was like $26.72 or something. Gone just like that. Sort of sad if you ask me. But, oh well. I will end my thoughts with the memory of the little 10 cent boxed candies...lemon heads...alexandar the grape...chico sticks...aaahhh...much better. :)
I loved going to mini mart to buy
.10c candy's!!!! I also introduced josh to slap sticks. the first one he ever had was from the gas station in monticello after we had been to the temple when I recieved my endowments. we've only seen them [and of course got one] once since then here in st.george.... we'll have to get some for the reunion!!! good times!!!!
Ha! So funny, but so yummy!
Ahh?? We've never tried these. How cool!!
Hey I love how you arrange your pictures!! It looked especially cool when you did it for the 4th and it looked like the kids were looking at the fireworks.
Okay, am I the only person who has never had a Slap Stick?! Ummm...I am very familiar with the other candies you mentioned, just not slap sticks. I'm sure you can guess where we'll be oing after the girls wake up from their naps. :) I LOVE candy...especially ones I've never tried before.
Post a Comment