Aubrey is always very willing to get all dolled up to go to church. She loves the dresses and loves to "make her hair pretty". Wesley is another story; We literally have to fight him every week to get dressed. He can't figure out why I won't just let him wear play clothes to church. He really doesn't like long pants, he would much rather wear "little pants" (i.e. shorts). So, last week I bribed him to wear a white shirt and tie. It actually worked this time! (yes, I have attempted bribery before, but he wouldn't go for it!) He usually wears a white polo shirt and slacks, which is just fine. He sometimes wears nice button up shirts and nice jeans; But I think it is so darn cute when little boys are all dressed up in white shirts and ties. So, I told him I'd give him a pack of M&M's AND Oreo cookies if he'd keep his tie on all through church, which he did. Hooray! It was much easier when he was a smaller guy.
So darn cute!!! He is about 15 or 16 months old in this pic; just a little younger than what Aubrey is right now. I have a pic. of him when he was about 5 or 6 months old propped up on the couch, wearing a white shirt and tie! So sweet! I couldn't find that pic. Whew! How quickly time flies!!
I loved this sweater! I found it at a second hand store, brand new, for 3 dollars!! I love a good deal.
Isn't he so handsome?? I love those big, blue eyes! He was about 13 or 14 months old in this pic. All ready for Stake Conference. I remember this day so well. I remember the cool Autumn weather, and walking the 7 or so blocks to the old Tabernacle in Provo. It was such a beautiful fall day! I spent the whole conference outside watching Wesley while he wondered around looking for sticks. Funny, he is still obsessed with finding sticks and using them for guns and swords, or to he tries to chop trees down with them (ever since we read him this book about George Washington chopping down a cherry tree, he has been obsessed with chopping down trees). Anyway, back then, he just liked to find sticks and carry them around and maybe whack at a fence here and there.
6 nice things said:
Your kids are absolutly beatufiul.
Aubrey looks so pretty in her little pink dress. Wesley is getting big huh. I cant wait to see you guys for the reunion!!
yes! please call when you're in town!
They look so cute. I'm with you, I love when little ones are fressed up o cute for church.
They look so cute. I'm with you, I love when little ones are fressed up o cute for church.
Your kids look so cute. I got a pattern off of youcanmakethis.com to make ties. They are so fun and easy to make. YOu should check it out. Wish we were going to Blaville so we could see you guys
Post a Comment