Saturday, July 5, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!



This year we got a little brave and decided to go check out a small firework display that was done by the water park (Splash Town). We parked in the parking lot in front of a Khols and Wal Mart. It was a simple little display, just enough for the kids. Next year we will venture out to a bigger and better place, now that we've got our feet wet with Splash Town. LOL (no pun intended). We just about got hit with roman candles a few times by inexperienced pyro-maniacs, which is always exciting. I was sitting there thinking how funny it was that we were sitting in a parking lot, watching fire works explode over the Dollar Tree store. hmmmm......so.........interesting?? Just not what I am use to. I love, love, love fireworks though, so what ever works, right? *sigh*

Aubrey was so tired, but hung in until the last fountain was lit back at our house. So, it was a long night for her.

Some friends of ours invited us over to their home for a pie eating contest. It was a lot of fun......for most of us. Wesley wasn't to sure about the whole thing. He looked at Stacey goin' to town on her slice of pie and said, "eeww! Grossie!" I was crackin' up. This shouldn't have surprised me since he is my kid who won't even eat a slice of bread if it has any deformities whatsoever. Everything he eats must look perfect, and if he gets messy, he starts calling the food "stupid". He does have his many moments of creativity when he makes complete messes. Boy, we will definitely be working on his pie eating skills.

Stacey proudly holding her empty plate, pie face and all. And then Wesley asked for a fork and still wouldn't eat his pie.

I didn't do much better than Wesley, although I at least put my face in the pie and tried to beat out Rebecca, she creamed me!!! Go Rebecca! ( I am glad the berries didn't stain our faces!)

Finally, Brady redeemed the Tingey name by inhaling his pie so fast! Neal and Alicia did their best to keep up. I was amazed how fast he ate that quarter of apple pie. He got it up his nose. LOL I guess all of us did.


This is before we set out to the ward breakfast. It felt like trying to get Easter pictures all over again........NO COOPERATION! Wesley insisted on showing me his teeth. Aubrey was so tired. We went to bed late the night before. So, she looked adorable. But she sure didn't act adorable.
Aubrey has to have a baby everywhere we go lately. She put chapstick on that baby on our way to the church. She was so proud of herself.
It is tradition here, at church, to have a pancake breakfast and flag ceremony the morning of the 4th. So, we threw together a breakfast casserole and went to the church for that. The primary kids always do a little parade in the cultural hall. They march around all the tables while we all sing The Star Spangled Banner. It was so cute, and so sweet. My heart has been so full of gratitude for the privilege to live in a free nation. More so lately, since I have been reading some historical fiction on the Revolutionary War. I am so grateful for the many men and women who have fought for our country to be free...........and for the many men and women who work behind the scenes, preserving our nation. We are all richly blessed, and I take it for granted sometimes. I am so grateful for the hand of the Lord in all the many blessing I have in my life.
THANK YOU! To all who have served, are serving, and will serve in many different capacities to protect our freedom and our nation. May God bless you!

9 nice things said:

Ryan and Tawnee said...

Gosh I miss you guys...I loved the pictures! I think I could have given Rebecca a run for her money...why do you do these fun things after we leave? I am totally stealing that idea! Miss you guys! Go Brady- he needs to work on his neat freak little boy!! Good thing he is so darn cute!

Hawkins Crew said...

What fun! Love You, Love our land. God bless both

Cassie Cruz said...

The pie eating contest looked way fun! Im glad you guys had a good 4th of July. And Hooray! Only 3 or 4 weeks left unti the family reunion!

Rose said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! Enjoy them, enjoy them.

Young Family said...

We tried out the 4th of July Blanding style this year. We had a lot of fun. I was impressed with the parade and fireworks. The most amazing thing was how many peopl were there. I never knew there were so many people in Blanding.

I sure wish you had been there. I would love to see you and your family.

Jenn said...

You look AWESOME with pie on your face Deb! Red is defintely your color!! How fun!! We will defintely have to venture out to the Woodlands next year! How fun!!

Walkers said...

We missed you guys on the 4th! But we will be glad to see you when you do make it! The pie eating looked like a lot of fun... I'm so stealing that idea for next year. Do ya think any of our family would try it? I'm sure kids will. Looked like you had fun, your kids are adorable!

Walkers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

That is soo funny about the pie eating contest! I would only be able to host a chocolate pie contest.....But your kids looked super cute and I can't wait until Wesley gets out of his cast (An ugly reminder of my dangerous son).