Friday, October 10, 2008

So Much to Blog About!!!

RELIEF SOCIETY ENRICHMENT.........Country Fair.



Our ward had a really fun enrichment last night. We had a GREAT lesson on repentance and service and then had baked potatoes and salad and desert. Each sister was asked to bring something that represented them or something they had made and we put the items out of tables for all to see. It was really fun to see the talents and get to know some of the girls better. All that was followed by some good times playing with the Karaoke machine. The "Country Chicks", as I deemed us, performed a number by Shanai Twain, 'Any Man of Mine'......sung by the lovely Natalie and then there was the fabulous line dancing performed by the rest of the Chicks. It was a lot of fun. I wore Brady's cowboy boots (which I will never do again because they were to big and hurt my feet) and I also wore a western style shirt of Brady's . It is a good thing he had those things.

More singing and laughing and having fun. I didn't get many pics....but we did have fun.

PICTURES OF AUBREY.....




I was attempting to get some pics of Aubrey for my mom to paint OR draw a picture the other day. My mom is a great artist. She did a chalk drawing of Wesley fishing and I love it. So, she called and wanted me to dress Aubrey up in some of my clothes and get some pics of her so she can paint or draw her. I encountered THREE problems. First, I really had a hard time finding something of mine to put her in that looked really cute. Second, Aubrey wouldn't hold still or cooperate with me at all. She was just excited and happy to be wearing mommy's clothes. Third, I need a better camera!!! Wesley wanted to join in the fun, but don't worry, I wouldn't let him wear my dresses! Although he did decide it would be hilarious to throw one of my skirts on his head and be a ghost.









HELP WITH LAUNDRY?????????

Or not. Actually, Wesley has been a really great helper lately. He took care of all his own clothes and they all made it into drawers!!! Maybe not the correct drawers, but drawers and not the floor. He took care of all the bathroom and kitchen towels. But then, I asked for help hanging some things up and it was all down hill from there. *sigh* That is okay. They are learning. It is fun to see what they will use there imaginations to create with different things; Like hangers and clothes.

Wearing dad's clothes is so fun! They must get that from me. LOL

I love these two little monkeys!!!!!

8 nice things said:

Unknown said...

HOW FUN TO DRESS UP LIKE MOM AND DAD! I REMEMBER BRADY DRESSING UP, I WILL HAVE TO SEND YOU A PICTURE OF HIM!

Crystal P said...

So Cute! All of you!

Tingey-Call said...

Hi Debbie. Wow your kids are getting big. Wesley is a kid not a toddler anymore. I love your blog.

Jenn said...

The Enrichment activity was WAY fun and we really do need to have a fun Karaoke night/Game Night soon once you are feeling better!

I hope Aubrey is feeling better!
Talk to you soon!

Ginger said...

Hi Debbie,
I found your blog link from Jennifer's. I'm glad I did. I just thought I'd let you know that I loved your baby countdown so I stole it. Thanks!!!

Amy said...

Wow, You've been busy posting since i last checked in. I love your music selection by the way. So, with the eating thing, I don't know, I don't have kids. But you better find out what the answer is so that when it happens to me, I'll come to you for the right answer. I think eating lots of smaller meals is the way and that's what I've been told to do to lose weight. I just wish I could eat while I was teaching. But my students wouldn't like that very much. :)

Rose said...

These pictures are adorable. I'm starting to get old and centamental the proof came as tears came as I saw how adorable your kids are. I can't believe how much bigger they are getting. Thank you for trying to get pics. I will try a couple of them.
Love ya all.

Bennetts said...

Deb!!! Wow!! I found you! Your kids are cute and you, your hair is SHORT! Your house looks way cute too. I like your stairway. I know, I notice weird things like that. I'd like to see more pictures of you. Remember, I haven't seen you for 11 years or so. TTYL ;) Love you!