I didn't get a picture of him yesterday.........but here is our big boy on his birthday.
Wesley participated in his first primary presentation yesterday! All of the kids did a really good job. Wesley's Sunbeam class was a bit restless. It was pretty funny to watch them all up there wiggling all around. Their teachers have their work cut out for them with 10 or so Sunbeams to wrestle every week. Wesley really likes his teachers, Brother and Sister Barrett.
Wesley said his part well. It was, "I will help keep the house clean." I think he was a little thrown off because he had been saying, "I will help my dad" in some of the practices.
Before church yesterday, I asked him if he was ready to do his part and asked what he was going to say, and he told me, "I will help my dad." He recovered well though, and did a great job. We are really proud of him.
He was also assigned to give his very first talk in primary!!! For some reason, he was a bit more shy for that. He later told Brady that it was because he wanted mommy to help him with his talk, not daddy. The topic was "Because I am a Child of God, I can serve God with all my heart, might, mind and strength. Here is his talk:
"As a child of God, I can follow Jesus Christ's example by serving those around me.
I can serve my friends by helping them when they get hurt.
I can serve my neighbors by bringing them cookies when they are sad.
I can serve my family by doing my part to keep the house clean.
I feel happy when I help and serve others and I know it makes Heavenly Father happy too."
He had parts of it memorized before church. He has a good memory for sure.
6 nice things said:
I can't get past the chocolate cake.....ooh...ahhh...
He is so cute! What a sweetie!
That is so funny! Gavin did his very first talk on the exact same thing on Sunday, too! We went the Ammon route. LOL Cierra had the scripture. Isn't it so cute to see our little ones doing things like this? And, at the same time, sad, because they are growing up so fast!
Thanks Mr. Wesley, I have learned from you yet again! You are so smart! You know so very much!!
Love you, Granny Ann
How cute! Our primary program is on the 9th... Are you still the primary secretary?
cool.
I just tagged you! Go to my blog to see the details! Also did you see the 4 feet prelighted trees are $20 this week at Michaels?? I don't know what size you are looking for?? Also I was going to tell you about the Nettle Pot for Allergies-let me know if you don't already know about it!
Post a Comment