It was a nice weekend. It started out rough, with Brady sick and then Aubrey got sick. But, ended up okay.
The Easter Bunny came to our house Friday night. The kids made their Easter baskets this year. It was a lot of fun and something I think we will continue to do and make tradition. So, we made the baskets Friday so the kids could leave them out for good ole Peter Cottontail to fill up with yummy treats etc. What a surprise it was for me to wake at 6:00 am, after a practically sleepless night due to the fact that Cali was all congested and having a rough night, to the pitter patter of little Aubrey feet running in to show me what the bunny had put in her basket! If I had had some sleep, I wouldn't have cared. Aubrey is loud. I mean, she really doesn't grasp the concept of the word "whisper". Anyway, she was thrilled and so I got up and told her as soon as Wesley woke up they could find the eggs the bunny left. Funny, she didn't see a single egg on her way down to show me her basket. She did see a couple on the way up stairs to put a movie in to watch while she waited for her brother. So, I turned on the TV and it was up really loud; so that was the end of waiting because Wesley woke right up and came running out asking if the bunny had come. So, we had our egg hunt at 6:30 am. It was fun. And sooo cute to watch the kids get so excited. Brady slept through it all. This was the night he wasn't feeling well. Once they found all the eggs, we headed back up stairs to empty the eggs. I, I mean, the Easter Bunny was a bit stingy with the candy this year. Wesley opened up his first egg and said, "Hey! That Easter Bunny only gave me 3 jelly beans!". I couldn't help but laugh. He did cheer up as he opened up other eggs and found that the bunny left MONEY!! Money for him to go to the store and find a toy! Hooray for less candy!
Brady took the Honda in on Saturday to get new tires. Discount tire had a big barrel of Easter eggs they were letting people choose from. Wesley chose an egg and got us $44.00 off our tires!! Cool.
Saturday afternoon, one of the neighbor girls came out and asked if the kids would like to join her in a hunt for Easter eggs at the end of the street. So, our kids, along with a few other neighbor kids, had a fun hunt together. It was really sweet of this little girl to do. She numbered some of the eggs, and the kids got bigger prizes to go with whichever number they had. They had a good time.
Saturday night, we attended a baptism for Scott Brighton (in our ward). Brady spoke, and as far as I could tell, he did a great job. However, the kids were a bit nuts so I was having trouble listening.
I was so excited to go to church, for the first time in months (or so it feels), and then Aubrey started up with the fever again and Cali was totally congested and coughing. No fevers today, and they both seem to be better than before. Anyway, us gals ended up hangin' out at home.
Enjoy the pics! They are not in any particular order, but I thought you'd enjoy 'em.
Cali is starting to stay awake more during the day. She is sooo beautiful! We are lovin' her! Even with all the crying, she is a sweetie.
Directing the music for Family Home Evening. Tonight we sang "walk beside me" for our opening song. (that is what Wes called 'I Am A Child Of God'. LOL
Wesley held Cali for me so I could play frisbee with Brady for a bit. Doesn't he look thrilled?
Love this picture!
Resting with the babe.
Since the girls didn't get all dressed up yesterday, we played dress up today and put them in one of the pretty dresses Grandma Tingey sent. This was all Aubrey's idea, by the way. She wanted to be a princess. :)
Our two pretty princesses.
After the neighborhood hunt; Enjoying their candy.
A few of the neighborhood gang.
Can you read her jammies?? The shirt says, 'Candy Makes Me Happy'. That couldn't be any closer to the truth. Thanks Granny Ann for the super cute jammies. Aubrey loves them and they are sooooo her!
The morning after the bunny came.....
I bought these cute frog eggs for the kids and then only put one out! I don't know what I was thinking. Oh! I mean, I don't know what that darn bunny was thinking. LOL! Anyway, Aubrey found it. Wesley wanted it. So he says to her, "Aubrey, do you want to trade for this pink egg?". Boy does he know his sister! Pink! Of course she'll trade for it if it is pink. So, he gave her a big hug and thanked her for trading. It was cute to watch the whole exchange between the two.
The bunny baskets. Of course, Wesley had to have green and Aubrey had to have pink.
Here's "the van"! I LOVE IT! And I really didn't want a van, but I am so happy to have it. Every time we get in to go somewhere, I get all giddy. I feel like a 'real' mom. Kinda like when we bought our home and I felt like a 'real adult'. Silly, I know. We all love it and are very grateful we were able to get it.
9 nice things said:
I don't think I congratulated you and your hubby on the new arrival. If I did, well congrats again. :) Your little girl is such a Q-T with her little hair bows. Nice van, by the way.
Take care.
I still can't belive you're momma of 3!!!! wow! you are a real mom for sure.
love the van Deb! It really is nice!! how fun. The baskets you made were cute too! what a great idea you just used sour cream or margarine containers didn't you say? anyway we will probly do those instead of the milk jug next year!
Yea for vans- you are official a "real" mom. I have yet to get there.... I love the pics of Cali. Aubrey looks like you I think. Hope everyone gets well.
Cali is so big already-a little mini Aubrey/Debbie. And that one pic of Aubrey with braids-she looks so much older too! Sisterhood has aged her! These pictures are A-DORE-ABLE! Love ya!
I really love the van. I'll bet you're loving it.
The pictures are so adorable as always. You have such a lovely family and we miss you.
How can you already be so busy? Y'all creamed us in all the easter activities! And I love the pics of Cali- she really is a doll baby. And your van? Sweetest ride...next to a mustang!
What cute baskets! What a fun idea. Your kids are adorable. Better plan another trip to Utah! Now you have a new van and won't have to worry about car trouble! Cute, Cute pictures!
I like your van! your kids are so dang funny, and cute! I love the bows you have for cali, did you make them? she is getting so big and cute, you can tell she belongs in your family!
Post a Comment