Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING...............
And for those who don't already know, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!

I admit, I was sorta hoping for another boy. However, I am very excited for another girl and I am soooo happy Aubrey is going to have a sister. My sisters are my best friends.

Wesley was a bit disappointed. He really wanted a brother. But my friend gave me some good advice on how to ease his disappointment (thanks Julie), and it worked. She has a 6 year old that Wesley plays with sometimes and he has two younger sisters. So, I told Wesley he was going to be just like Cole and have two little sisters and that he must be a pretty special boy for Heavenly Father to send him TWO sisters to protect and help mom and dad take care of. When I asked him if he thought he could help us out and take care of his new sister he said, "Yes. If she gets sick, I will put a jacket on her. Would that be good?". Then he rubbed my belly and told his sister he loves her. He is such a sweet boy. He is excited now, and I know he is going to continue to be the best big brother two girls could ever hope for.

11 nice things said:

The Mangrum Family said...

Congratulations Debbie! I'm so excited for you. I love girls (of course I'm biased). And girls clothes are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am biased too and LOVE girls... I don't know what it's like to have a little boy though. :) I am excited for Aubrey! Sisters are the best.

Kamill said...

Congratulations! How fun to have a girl! She will fit in really well with ALL the other GIRLS in your family!

Jenn said...

I am hoping for a girl so bad! Then our girls can be friends! Does this mean you have to have another one now to have another boy (smile!)

Walkers said...

I didn't know you're having a girl, how exciting. (I'm a little partial to girls, can't imagine why) You ought to name her after your favorite aunt! :) love your toilet by the way... hurray for Aubrey and hurray for you!

eden and david said...

i love girls. congrats. i know wesley will be a great helper!

Young Family said...

Congratulations! Can we arrange marriages?

Bennetts said...

Ya Debbie!! Just another one to match panties with clothing, eh? lol. ;o)

Crystal P said...

Yay!! And yes, the clothes are SO much better!

Rose said...

I'm so glad Wesley feels better about having another sister. We are all very excited.
Love ya

Lacey Lu said...

How fun!! Wesley will be a good big brother!! Love ya'll tons! Keep Smiling! Life's Gr8!