Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Some Utah Pics And A Little Update to Justify My Slothful Blogging:)

Sooooooo......a lot of time has passed since our Utah trip. I am just gonna have to run with what I have and get this posted. I have several more pics I wanted to share. Take this for now.
My dad drove home with us. I bribed him to come with us; I told him he'd get to fix our AC in the Honda if he'd come! How could he refuse that kind of fun? Workin' in our super hot garage for hours? Okay, you got me. That wasn't it at all....he came for the extra time with the grandkids, and the bonus was he did fix our car and save us some green. Thanks Dad!!!

I will get back into keeping this blog updated, I promise. Life has been nuts. Last week, for those who don't already know, I got to go to the ER around 12:30 at night (why do things always happen in the middle of the night?) and by 6 a.m. I was in surgery having my appendix removed! My friend Julie drove me to the ER. I was grateful to her for being willing to do that for me. Talk about unexpected. I started feeling really sick, like I had the stomach flu. Then my side started to hurt. And that's when I figured I was probably doomed. All went well, and we have had tons of help, for which I am immensely grateful! My first thoughts were, "Dang! I wish we lived near family so we'd have help." And then, I had to stop myself. I realized we have the most amazing friends, neighbors, church family, EVER! And although it is sometimes hard to ask for help from people you may not know very well, or may not know like you know your family, what a great opportunity to get to know them. I am so happy and grateful for the thoughtfulness that has been shown to our family. Not just this past week, but during my pregnancy with Cali. It is so easy to serve, but really hard to just relax and let people serve you. What a blessing to be surrounded by kindness!

Anyhow, enjoy the pics....



Danelle and Michelle

Just waitin' for the parade to start with their candy sacks. They threw a ton of candy at the parade. I couldn't believe it.

Cass and Ethan.

Nichole and M.J.

Lindsey; Cassie's twin, in my opinion.

I love this pic! Davis is such a thoughtful boy. I admire him and his talent to love. Azelin is standing next to him and Avina next to her. Talon is in the back ground.

Granny and Grampa were in the parade for the float about the tunnel..... In a nut shell; Granny's mom and dad were key in getting a tunnel dug through the mountain from Blanding to Monticello so that Blanding could get water. So, there was a float this year depicting that. Much gratitude goes out to all who sacrificed to make that possible.

Just chillin'.

My rag-a-muffin kids.

2 nice things said:

Crystal P said...

Sorry about the appendix thing! Surgery is never fun. I hope you are recovering well. I know what you mean about neighbors and church family. Since we moved to Northern Utah, we have found out the same thing. We have awesome neighbors and a wonderful ward that are so willing to help. It was a lifesaver when Bryan had his ankle surgery.

Rebecca said...

OH! Sorry about your appendix. I had mine out in college. Not so fun but not too tricky except you have a baby! Good luck. Fun to hear about your life.