Sunday, May 24, 2009

Getting Better

Wesley had his second swim meet yesterday. He did a little better with back stroke; He made it almost halfway across the pool this time. He was very determined and didn't want to quit trying. He was getting really tired though, so we told him good job and had him get out. We were proud of him for trying again. He was a few seconds slower on freestyle this time. I think his time was 122.13 or something. I will find out for sure Tuesday at practice. I was thinking about it and realized we are going to be involved with the six and under crew for quite a while. Especially if Aubrey decides to do swim team. Wesley will have two more years! Hooray! I guess that is 2 more years of us getting to leave the meets earlier.

Aubrey still can't figure out why she can't get in the pool with Wesley at the meets. It is tough being two! She is so hilarious. Brady was teasing Wesley tonight, pretending to pop him in the mouth, and Aubrey said to him, "Brady, don't hit Wesley. It's not nice!" She loves to sit by Cali and feed her the pretend bottles she has for her dolls and cover her up with her doll blankets. She won a hula hoop at bingo night last week. She really likes it and it is a hoot to watch her try to hula. Aubrey has some seriously amazing moves. She CAN dance. :) Potty training is NOT getting better.........I am giving in for the sake of us all, until the end of summer. She is now in a pull up. So, take away one more gold mommy star from my chart cuz I am failing at potty training. *sigh* Oh well, she'll get it eventually.

Cali is trying so hard to make noises and 'talk' to us. It is sooo cute. I love to play with her and cuddle her. She is such a sweet little thing. She is getting bigger and bigger. She is really interested in the other kids. It is fun to see her be so curious. She is starting to drool all over the place. Gotta love baby drool! I love her pretty eyes and that she can be crying hysterically, and then I pick her up and she goes silent. I love it when she snuggles down into my arms to nurse. I enjoy my time with her.

4 nice things said:

Ryan and Tawnee said...

Fun to keep up to date with the crowd! Also cool to be the first comment for once! Miss ya'll!

Kamill said...

I am so happy that we can all keep up to date on everyone by blogging. We are going to Blanding for the 4th of July. Are you going?

Lewis Family said...

Pausing potty training when you know your child is not ready EARNS you a gold star! She will do it when she's ready. I know how hard it is to have 2 in diapers/pullups, though! Hang in there. She will not graduate from High School in pull-ups, I promise!

Autumn said...

Here's the answer for potty training. Kushie's. Can't say enough great about them. They are reusable pull-ups, and after a week in these Peyton finally figured things out. They absorb so they don't leak all down their legs, but they're like real undies so they can tell they are wet. Wal-mart sells them on line, but I found them cheaper on Ebay. Here's the Walmart Link
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4601020. Good luck.