We had a fun Easter weekend. The weather was nice and it was fun to spend time as a family and with friends.
Easter Sunday, the kids wake up to Easter eggs hidden all over the house. It is fun for them and I enjoy seeing their smiles. This year I took a picture of Christ coming out out the tomb and cut it into puzzle pieces and put it in an egg. Cali found it. After the kids found all the eggs, we took that picture and glued the pieces down to a separate piece of paper and talked about that Easter Sunday so long ago when Christ was resurrected. I had this thought come to me Saturday night, that for next year, I am going to come up with a little letter or poem from the Easter Bunny to put in the kids baskets. I love the tradition of the Easter bunny; but I don't love how he has taken the spot light on that special day. So, if I can come up with a letter to the kids from the bunny, talking about how sweet it is to celebrate the life of our Saviour, maybe it would leave an impression on them??? Maybe not. I am thinking something along the lines of the bunny leaving sweets to help remind us of the sweetness of the resurrection? I am not sure yet how to put it together....but I have a year to figure it out.:-)
My beautiful family:-)
Our garden is coming along...basil doing awesome! Cherry tomatoes doing very well. Not so sure how everything else is going to turn out.
We made dutch oven potatoes and roasted hot dogs with the kids Saturday night. Soooo yummy:-)
We had a really fun neighborhood easter egg hunt with pancake breakfast.
0 nice things said:
Post a Comment