Sunday, May 16, 2010


The Croc's swam against the Wipe Outs this week. Last week we did a practice meet, and it was over cast and not hot. Yesterday's meet was rainy and cold. The grass was soggy and the kids shivered the whole morning. I think I will start bringing two towels for Wesley.
I don't know Wesley's time this week for freestyle, but last week he did around 58 seconds. That is much faster than last year. And, he has back stroke down, which is great. He swam in 1 minute 13 seconds last week and this week swam back stroke in 1 minute and 3 seconds. So a 10 second shave....GREAT!! He hasn't placed, but will hopefully keep improving his time. He really wants to swim a relay....we will see how bad he wants it though. He needs to swim just a bit faster for that.


He is doing much better with technique this year. Still brings his head straight up sometimes for air instead of side to side. But doing well.


Brady is chief timer..... I am the team parent for the 6 and under group. That is fun.

Hopefully Wesley will keep improving his time. It is fun to watch him. Really needs to learn to dive. It cracks me up to watch all those little kids jump in looking like frogs. lol

6 nice things said:

Jenn said...

I just love Swim Team.. It is so cute watching the 6 and Unders!! I'm always so impressed with their courage/confidence...

HOPKINS said...

how fun! he is so cute! maybe when we see you guys wes can show us his swimming.

Rebecca said...

I love it! he is so cute!

Walkers said...

That's awesome! He looks so grown up standing there ready to go... too cute :) Maybe he can teach me how to swim someday LOL!

Lacey Lu said...

cute and fun! Love you guys! Hugs to ya!!

Rose said...

How Awesome!!! Cool for Wesley. You must be so proud of him!